Saturday 26 November 2011

Game one: A SPACE Man's veiw

Okay so having done some fluff for episode one I feel I should also review my take on the action from a gaming perspective.



I think luck played a big part in this game for me, both good and bad. My opponent was Bob with his “Spyforce UK”. I will post Bobs background on Spyforce as soon as this is posted up, But he has a solid force with a strong military leaning, and a vehicle.



In many aspects the game for me lent on me winning the deployment and turn one roll. The aim of the game was obtaining as many of six intelligence markers  as possible. The markers had been distributed by one of our Warhammer Fantasy playing gamers and the side Bob was on had many more directly obtainable counters. Having won the roll I made the sensible option to swap sides and start first. RedStone has the infiltrate ability and a useful disguise kit meant Atlas also shared this. They deployed on Bobs side in cover and stealthy.  



Come turn one I did a very gamesman thing and used a effect and gadget to give Redstone 4*7” movement. Bob nullified one action but with 21” of movement I snatched a token that was right in front of him. Atlas activated off him as a bonus but really just ran for his home edge. My extras swooped in for two more tokens putting the game as a draw at worse.



In Bobs turn he fired at Redstone (actually a slip on both out parts as Redstone was stealthed at the time) but a “astonishing accuracy” card nullified this. His land rover sped forward and his “historical re-enactor” tumbled out to claim a token.



In Turn two I forget who went first but my tech and extras ran for it. Bobs hero and his driver moved in on a objective that sat next  to a tank of unknown goo.  Redstone realising that token was lost ran for the last token that was behind a fence. I viciously played a card to move Bobs Hero and a extra into the goo. This did them no harm but I found out was a lucky move.



Next turn it turned out that the extra was his driver. So while he swam back to the landrover,  Redstone scaled the fence and nabbed token six.



In the end then, it was a win 4-2 to me, but like I said a lot of it was down to luck.  



I admit the above will make more sense with pictures and Bob took some so I will post them as I get them.



In the post event I rolled snake eyes so this resulted in me losing my two solider extras. After replacing them I discovered that I couldn’t arm my tech, but I did give him a “Also Staring” role, which allowed him to wield a rifle. Finally I bout another solider.  This brings the cast for the next game to seven.



In an attempt to be authentic, I have elected to replace the models of the two solders. I am also changing the Tech model to reflect  his upgrade. Therefore I have four new models to paint before the next game that is slated for the 9th December.



Finally and for fun here is the surviving cast of game one posing in front of a Mercury spacecraft prop.

No comments:

Post a Comment